Sunday, January 05, 2014

This person read my mind

I'm not a minimalist, but I have always worried a lot about where my "stuff" comes from, and, cradle to grave, how much impact it's had on people and the environment.



One thing that made me laugh this morning was the mnmlist website, which I looked at right after telling Boyfriend I wasn't going to buy new sandals in case they got lost (which he said was ridiculous). The post mentions several of the downsides of stuff that I do sometimes think of, including:

  • We must take it with us if we move, and often if we travel. That’s a ton of trouble and costs.
  • If we have kids or pets, we have to worry about it getting broken, or scold them for not being careful with it.
  • We might trip over stuff and hurt ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment